Thursday 22 September 2011

My Lust for the Topshop Limited Edition Dresses

I have to say I've definately noticed the gradual rise of the price of clothing in Topshop, and ofcourse, I'm not too chuffed about it. But, that doesn't stop me checking the website on a daily basis, and when the limited edition dresses come out I always pick my faves staright away! The lovley detail of the Topshop Limited Edition dresses always catch my eye (as does the steep price), there's something quite ethereal about them, I think I would feel like some kind of fairy princess if I bought one. 
This dress reminds me of the vintage flapper dresses worn 1920-30's, and I just LOVE it. The beading detail is so beautiful, as is the colour! Although, I would pair this dress with a pair of nude mary janes, I some how feel the urge to wear this bear foot.
I wasn't sure if I really liked this or not, as there's something odd about the way the yellow contrasts with the cream. But, I've come to the conclusion that I love it and think it's quirkyness almost (yes, I say almost) makes it worth the steep price. 

Maxi dresses aren't usually my thing (they just don't suit me, no matter how much I try!), but this is just lovely! The beads, the colour, and the sleeves give it such a vintage look. For some reason I can completely picture Kate Bush dancning around in this in her Wuthering Heights video. The only thing I dislike about this dress is the silts, as I just think that the dress didn't need them, but hey it's still lovely!
Be sure to comment and let me know what you think of the new Topshop Limited Edition dresses!
xox

3 comments:

  1. I looked at this today and thought they were so gorgeous! Totally agree witht the prices though! A tad much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :) I actually fell in love with the yellow and cream dress when I first saw it, I do feel it is a little overpriced though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh i saw this earlier and was like :o. There is one on there that i absolutely love, but yes, so bloody expensive!! I mean, i love topshop, but are they really worth it?

    ReplyDelete